If you are seeking a trucking job, then attending trucking schools will help you to be qualified for this job. In this article, I am going to tell you about the CRST training center.
CRST or called Cedar Rapids Steel Transport is an American freight company founded in 1955 and based in Cedar Rapids, IA. CRST is a non-union, as well as a family-owned trucking company.
Nowadays, CREST is operating with more than 1,100 tractors and 2,500 van trailers. Talking about the company’s driving staff, it has 2,000 team drivers, 350 solo drivers, and more than 250 independent contractors.
As mentioned above, the majority of the company’s drivers are team truckers, which allows the company to have the ability to transport cargo across the country quicker than most other carriers.
CRST training schools is known to have its own CDL sponsorship and training programs, the company provides its drivers with these programs every year.
Table of Contents
- 1 CRST Training Center
- 2 What are the CRST Trucking Requirements?
- 3 What are the Requirements for a CRST Trucking Training?
- 4 What is the Cost of Various CRST Trucking Training Programs?
- 5 What are the Benefits of Working at CRST Trucking Company?
- 6 How Much Do CRST Truck Drivers Make?
CRST Training Center
Talking about the CRST trucking training center, this school offers training in 77 qualifications, while the time needed to complete this education training differs, it varies from 1 hour to 9 months depending on the qualification.
The average time to complete training is 1 month.
In this article I am going to show you the requirements for attending a CRST trucking training, how much does it cost for various programs at CRST training center, benefits, and CRST trucking requirements of working at CRST trucking company
What are the CRST Trucking Requirements?
To be able to work for CRST trucking company as a truck driver, there are some requirements to be accepted in the job, these requirements include the following:
- At least 21 years old.
- Free from open container violations in the last 3 years.
- No driving under influence violations in the last 5 years (if there were DUI violation, then it must not be more than 1 DUI in the last 15 years and not more than 2 DUIs in your lifetime).
- Licensed in the United States for a minimum of 18 months out of the last 3 years.
- Must undergo physical and a pre-employment drug screen made by the Department of Transportation.
- Complete body extremities (No loss of foot, leg, hand, or arm).
- No history of diabetes treated by insulin (oral medication is okay).
- No certain medical conditions include rheumatic, orthopedic, muscular, neuromuscular, vascular disease, or respiratory dysfunction that interferes with the ability to control and operate a motor vehicle.
- Distant visual acuity of at least 20/40 (with glasses or other correction) in each eye, the field of vision of at least 70 degrees, and the ability to perceive red, yellow, green, and amber.
- Ability to perceive a forced whisper in the better ear at no less than 5 feet, with or without using a hearing aid.
- No use of a ‘Schedule 1’ drug, amphetamine, narcotic, or any other habit-forming drug.
- No current clinical diagnosis of alcoholism.
What are the Requirements for a CRST Trucking Training?
If you want to attend a CRST trucking school, you need to bring both some documents as well as some items. Here is a list of the needed documents and items when attending CRST training center:
- Valid the United States Driver’s License.
- Original copy of Birth Certificate or Passport.
- Valid social security card, you need to put in your consideration that it must be original.
- When not being a US citizen, acceptable immigration documentation is needed.
- Unemployment records, notarized letters, tax forms for self-employment, etc. which are employment documentation required to complete the CRST Expedited driver application.
- Voided Check for transfer to your bank account.
- Money for the meals you are going to eat this doesn’t include breakfast and lunch meals as they are provided for free)
- Clothes for a week, this includes jeans, sweats, short and long sleeve shirts, coat, winter clothing when needed.
- Toiletries, for example, towels, washcloths, toothbrush and paste, shaving materials, soap, etc.)
- Hat, sunglasses, and work gloves
- Battery-powered alarm clock
- Work boots, these boots include neither cowboy boots nor smooth-bottom shoes.
- Notebook, pen, etc
- Medication if you ate medically treated by them.
What is the Cost of Various CRST Trucking Training Programs?
Attending CRST Training Center programs costs you from $10 to $11,000 depending on the qualification, but the median cost is $6,000.
Here is a list of different types of programs offered by CRST training center in addition to the cost for each one.
- $5,000 – $100,000 for CDL certificate.
- $6,000 for Commercial Class A license.
- $3,000 – $8,000 tanker endorsement certification.
- Less than $10 – $6,000 for a driver’s license.
- $2,000 for forklift Certification.
- $10,000 for professional driver CDL A category.
- $6,000 – $7,000 for hazmat endorsement.
- $2,000 – $7,500 for the Department of Transportation’s physical examination.
- $2,000 for Georgia weapons Carry License.
- $1,000 – $7,000 for hazmat endorsement certificate.
- $3,000 for a barbering certificate.
- $20 for Mason diploma certificate.
- $3,000 for Class A CDL with NT Endorsement.
- $5,000 for CCW (Certified Construction Worker) Diploma.
- $6,500 for commercial truck driver certificate.
- $10,000 for OTR Truck driver Class A.
- $50 – $100 for the Meritor Wabco ABS certificate.
- $6,000 for ABC Servers.
- $6,500 for CDL permits ABC.
- $2,500 for universal certification.
- $9,500 for CDL driver instructor.
- $2,000 for certified semi driver trainer.
- $100 – $7,000 for Department of Transportation medical card certification:
- $6,500 for bus endorsement certificate:
- $2,500 – $400,000 for commercial driver’s license Class A.
- Less than $10 – $400,000 for Commercial Driver’s License Class A, Manual.
- Less than $10 – $3,500 for Commercial Driver’s License Class B, Manual.
- $3,000 for Culinary arts certification.
- $7,000 for certified manufacturing specialist CDL.
- $6,780 for valid ARRT certificate and registration.
- $5,000 for doubles and triples endorsement certification.
- $500 for CDL driving education.
- $4,500 hazmat endorsement tankers.
- $6,000 for the associate’s degree in accounting.
- $4,000 for the associate of applied science degree in accounting:
- $10,000 CDL Class A hazmat and tankers endorsement certificate.
- $500 for a commercial driver’s license (CDL) Automatic.
- $500 for commercial driver’s license (CDL) Class E.
- $2,500 for FOID Card.
- $2,500 for the minister’s license.
- $4,000 for Class A CDL and Class B CDL.
- $3,000 for a Passport book.
- $3,000 for Smith system certifications.
What are the Benefits of Working at CRST Trucking Company?
- Twice-a-week paydays.
- Medical coverage from the first day.
- Blue Shield PPO, including dental and vision.
- 401k retirement plan after 90 days.
- Accident and disability insurance.
- Full benefits including medical coverage from day 10.
- Paid vacations.
- Free life insurance.
- Per Diem tax benefit.
- Internet payroll access.
How Much Do CRST Truck Drivers Make?
If you are thinking to work for CRST Company, you may ask about the salary. According to glassdoor.com, CRST provides its truck drivers with an average salary of $64276.
Finally, you need to know that some trucking companies demand special certifications or qualifying programs when offering a truck driver job that can be obtained by attending trucking schools.
Either if you want to get your training in the CRST training center or apply for a job at CRST trucking company, things now are clear for you.
Leave a Comment