If you are searching for a truck driver job, you need to know which company to work for and what are the highest paid truck driving jobs to get your payment such as the highest paid truck drivers do.
Reading this article will help you know these companies and jobs. Continue reading to know.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is The Highest Paid Truck Driving Jobs?
- 2 How to be Qualified for the Highest Paid Truck Driving Jobs?
- 3 What are the Highest Paying Truck Driving Companies?
- 4 What are the Highest Paying Cites in for Truck Drivers?
What is The Highest Paid Truck Driving Jobs?
When you look for a job advertisement, the first thing that comes to your mind may be the pay; here is a list of highest paid truck driving jobs in the United States:
1. Tanker Hauler
Tanker trucks are those big machines that carry liquids or gases on the road.
To be able to drive a tanker you need to have your CDL endorsed, as this task can be dangerous and need professional drivers. As a result, tanker drivers are one of the highest paying truck drivers.
The driver is not only transporting dangerous goods, but they may face chemical fumes when piping off hazardous chemicals
According to indeed.com, the average salary for a tanker driver in the United States is $72,405 per year. They are one of the highest paid truck drivers.
2. Hazmat Driver
Hazmat drivers are also hauling hazardous materials. According to RoadMaster.com, after a year of experience, a hazmat driver makes $1,000 a week.
3. Oversized Load Hauler
Hauling oversized loads means that you will get more pay, but to be able to perform such a job you need to get a special license and training.
According to WideLoadShipping.com, oversized load truckers get an average salary between $53,125 and $90,000 per year.
4. Ice Road Trucker
Ice road trucking is one of the most dangerous trucking business jobs, as well as ice road truckers, which are one of the highest paid truck drivers.
Truckers face white-outs, accidents, ice road fractures, avalanches, snowstorms, freezing weather, dangerous driving conditions, and the real threat of truck breakdowns which emphasizes that the high salary worth it.
Talking about the salary an ice road trucker receives, ice road truckers get between $20,000 and $80,000 for the season. This means that you can make this amount of money in six weeks of work.
According to AOL Jobs reports, some ice road truckers earn up to $250,000 for just six weeks of work.
5. Transport Driver
Transport drivers are those who haul junked cars, specialty vehicles, or luxury cars. If you are a transport driver, you earn more than the standard cargo driver.
According to indeed.com, the average salary for a Transport Driver is $12.43 per hour in the United States which is about $53,000 a year on average.
6. Team Driver
When it comes to team drivers they will go on the road twice as far, and twice as fast. as the two partners are working in shifts system.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2020, the average annual salary for a Team truck driver in the United States is $80,674 per year.
7. OTR Driver
OTR Drivers or over the road drivers are drivers who transport various goods, chemicals, and equipment over long distances.
According to RoadMaster.com, an OTR driver’s starting annual salary is $40-45,000 per year.
8. Truck Driver Instructor
You may think that the trucking industry is only about driving, but it is also about to teach! Truck driver instructor teaches others how to do this work to be eligible to handle the responsibility.
According to PayScale.com, truck driver instructor gets an average salary between $22,500 and $51,800 per year.
Driving recruiters help trucking companies to find drivers. If you’d rather receive your pay when sending drivers to the road, you should consider becoming a recruiter.
According to GlassDoor.com, the average salary a recruiter makes is $50,000 per year.
Owning a trucking company and being your own boss is a great job. Although such a job includes many expenses you still likely to get high pay.
According to Indeed.com, the owner-operator makes an average salary of $141,000 per year.
How to be Qualified for the Highest Paid Truck Driving Jobs?
To be able to be accepted in one of the highest paying truck driving jobs, you need to be more experienced and with more complex skills more than other types of trucking jobs.
Here are some things that allow you to be eligible for an acceptance:
On the road experience
Companies may ask for experienced drivers when offering a job, having at least five years of experience will be too great.
Ability to Work in Remote Areas.
Some truck driving jobs demand to work in remote or areas with a low population.
Trucking companies are searching for more reliable truckers, those who can take all work responsibilities and do the task the best way it should be done.
Higher Skill Level
Having a set of complex skills will be too great, as many companies are looking for those with the more complex set of skills required specific to the specialized niche.
A Clean Driving Record
Being a driver with a clean driving record with no accident cases or violations is one of the important requirements that companies demand when offering truck driver jobs.
What are the Highest Paying Truck Driving Companies?
Another thing you may be concerned about is the highest paying truck driving companies that provide a better salary. Check the following list for these companies:
- Sysco: Sysco Company provides its truck drivers with an average salary of $41.93 per hour, or $87,204 per year.
- Wal-Mart: Wal-Mart truck drivers receive an average salary of $41.35 per hour or $86,000 per year.
- GP Transco: Truck drivers that work in GP Transco get paid $40.38 per hour or $84,000 per year.
- Epes Transport: Epes Transport pays for its truck driving employees an average wage of $40.35 per hour, or $83,921 per year.
- Mercer Transportation: If you work as a truck driver for Mercer Transportation, you will receive an average salary of $40.26 per hour, or $83,740 annually.
- ATS Trucking: ATS Trucking company’s truck drivers get $38.46 per hour or $80,000 per year.
- Brady Trucking: $38.42 per hour or $79,906 per year is the average salary of truck drivers working for Brady Trucking.
- Western Express: When you get a job in Western Express, you will drive with a rate of $38.28 per hour, or $79,628 per year.
- DOT Foods Transportation: This trucking company pays $37.41 per hour or $77,807 per hour for the truck driver.
- Trimac Transportation: Trimac Transportation pays $36.92 per hour or $76,796 annually for truck drivers.
What are the Highest Paying Cites in for Truck Drivers?
Now let me tell you about the highest paying cities for truck drivers. According to indeed.com here are the top 8 highest paying cities for truck drivers in the United States.
- Omaha, NE: if you are a truck driver working in Omaha, NE, you will get an average annual salary of $71,727.
- Indianapolis, IN: here truckers are paid an average salary of $71,161 per year.
- Charlotte, NC: truck drivers get a payment of $70,200 per year.
- Nashville, TC: payment for truckers is an average of $68,396 per year.
- Phoenix, AZ: If you work in this city, you will receive an average salary of $64,076 annually.
- Salt Lake City, UT: the annual salary is $63,647.
- Dallas, TX: $63,262 per year is the average salary of truck drivers.
- Atlanta, GA: the rate is $63,027 per year.
After becoming aware of the highest paying truck driving jobs, cites, companies, and the requirements needed to be able to apply for these jobs, now it is your turn to meet these requirements and apply for the job that meets your interest and provides you with the most appropriate income.