If you are looking forward to being a local truck driver or you are already a local truck driver, you may wonder about the best local trucking companies to work for and get your dream job.
So, What are the best local trucking companies to work for in the United Stated?
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Local Trucking Companies to Work For
- 1.1 1. Sysco Company
- 1.2 2. Trimac Transportation
- 1.3 3. FedEx
- 1.4 4. Reinhart Foodservice
- 1.5 5. J.B. Hunt
Best Local Trucking Companies to Work For
Here is a list for the best companies you may find in the United States to work for as a local truck driver:
1. Sysco Company
Sysco, an acronym for Systems and Services Company is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, also educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home.
Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries.
With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities across the world and serves more than 650,000 customer locations, providing service to over 90 countries.
In June 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Also, According to statistics made in 2017, Sysco Company was reported with $55.371 billion revenue and an operating income of $2.053 billion
Moreover, in May 2010, Fortune, an American multinational Business magazine, ranked Sysco as the 7th largest Fortune 500 Company in Texas and 55th largest in the U.S. by total revenue.
The company also was ranked by the same magazine as No° 54 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.
As a person who searches for local trucking companies, you may find Sysco Company the best choice to apply for.
How much is a local truck driver working at Sysco Company make?
According to 2020 statistics, Sysco Company is the top company in the United States providing its local truck drivers with an average salary of approximately $28.00 per hour, or $89,536 per year.
2. Trimac Transportation
Trimac Transportation, one of the largest tanker freight carriers in North America, operating with 2,200 Trucks, 5,000 Trailers traveling about 125,000,000 miles of transportation per year.
From its inception in 1945, Trimac Transportation has become one of the largest bulk carriers in North America.
Moreover, In 1968, the company was granted the Interstate Commerce Commission authority to operate between Canada and the U.S.
It provides hauling services for many things including Dry bulk, Chemicals, Food products, Industrial gas, Oilfield services, Petroleum, Pressurized commodities, and Resource commodities.
Also, The company was reported with yearly Revenues $760,698,000.
Are you looking for local trucking companies? Trimax has the tanker and dry bulk truck driving job for you.
Also, Trimac Transportation has local tanker and dry bulk truck driving opportunities available for the safe transport of chemicals, solvents, fly ash, and cement.
With steady freight, industry leading pay and your choice of full or part time hours, you will make great money without driving too far from home!
What benefits does Trimac Transportation provide local truck drivers with? Check the following list:
- Paid product training.
- Weekly pay with direct deposit.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- Health and wellness initiatives.
- Holiday / vacation pay.
- Matching 401K plan.
- Opportunities to advance.
- Employee recognition programs.
- Scholarship programs.
- Career development opportunities.
Now you may ask a question, what criteria I should have to be able to join Trimac Transportation?
- Class A CDL.
- Tanker and hazmat endorsements required for some local runs.
- Minimum Experience: 12 Months.
- Graduate from a Trimac approved truck driving school or military Driving Experience.
- Good driving record.
How much is a local truck driver working at Trimac Transportation make?
Local truck driver in Trimac Transportation receives $78,819 per year.
FedEx Corporation is an American multinational delivery Services Company founded in 1971 as Federal Express Corporation, headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee.
They reported earnings of $ 4.572 billion, with annual revenue of $ 65.450 billion for the fiscal year 2018, an increase of 8.5% over the previous fiscal cycle.
Also, The Company was ranked by Fortune magazine, an American multinational business magazine, as one of the top 100 companies to work for in 2013.
FedEx ranked No. 50 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.
Here is a list provides you with some information about FedEx Company achievements:
- More than 600 operating facilities.
- 11,300 FedEx Onsite locations.
- 2,150 FedEx Office locations.
- 39 ground hubs.
- More than 70,000 Motorized vehicles.
- Also, More than 130,000 Team members.
- More than 9 million average daily package volumes per year.
How much does a local truck driver working at FedEx make?
Local truck driver in FedEx Company is paid $77,249 per year.
4. Reinhart Foodservice
Reyes Holdings is an American foodservice wholesaler and distributor that consist of The Martin-Brower Company, the largest supplier worldwide of distribution services to the McDonald’s restaurant system, and Reinhart Foodservice, one of the largest broad-line foodservice distributors in the United States.
So, Reyes Holdings ranked in 2018 as the 9th largest privately held company in the United States.
What benefits does Reinhart Foodservice local truck drivers have? Follow with the next list:
- Safety orientated.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- 401 K plan.
- Several bonuses. As a driver, you can give yourself a raise constantly depending on your work habits from the way they pay.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Constant training to progress.
How much does a local truck driver employed in Reinhart Foodservice get paid?
Reinhart Foodservice provides its local truck drivers with an average salary of $76,716 per year.
5. J.B. Hunt
J.B. Hunt Transport Services is a transportation and Logistics Company based in Lowell, Arkansas, which was founded on August 10, 1961.
By 1983, J.B. Hunt had grown into the 80th largest trucking firm in the U.S. and earned $623.47 million in revenue. During that period J.B. Hunt was operating 550 tractors, 1,049 trailers, and had roughly 1,050 employees.
The company has more than 120,000 employees, operates more than 12,000 trucks, and there are over 100,000 trailers and containers in its fleet.
According to 2019 statistics, J.B. Hunt was reported with revenue $9.165 billion, and an operating income of $734 million.
Moreover, J.B Hunt is known to provide its drivers with many financial benefits, here are some of them:
- Company matched 401k retirement savings plan.
- Pay on the “honor system” with no waiting on bills and paperwork.
- Paid vacation time.
- Also, Paid orientation, and safety training.
- Per Diem option to decrease the tax burden (for qualified positions).
- Million Mile safety bonuses.
- Annual service and safety awards.
- Nationwide discount purchase programs with companies such as Dell, Whirlpool, and more.
- Personalized intranet portal is available 24/7 to access your pay, benefits, and other information.
J. B Hunt also takes care well of its employee driver health, here is some of the main health coverage done by the company:
- Choice of medical plans.
- Dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Health Savings Account option.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Basic life paid by J.B. Hunt.
- Basic accidental death and dismemberment paid by J.B. Hunt.
How much is a local truck driver working at J.B. Hunt’s make?
J.B. Hunt pays its local truck drivers with an average pay of $71,415 per year.
Leave a Comment