Truckers need to stop at some truck stops restaurants in order to have a rest and eat some food or even drink some beverages.
Having a break in truck stops is one of the safety tips a truck driver should make as a way to prevent fatigue and anxiety while driving on the road.
In this article I will show you the top truck stops restaurants, so keep reading know.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Top Truck Stops Restaurants in the United States?
- 1.1 1. Max’s Thunder Road Grill (Grand Island, Nebraska)
- 1.2 2. Outpost Cafe (Oak Hills, California)
- 1.3 3. Dysart’s Coldbrook Restaurant (Hermon, Maine)
- 1.4 4. Nelson Bros. Restaurant & Bakery (Clearwater, Minnesota)
- 1.5 5. South of the Border (Hamer, South Carolina)
- 1.6 6. HoBo’s Korner Kitchen (Belgium, Wisconsin)
- 1.7 7. North Forty Truck Stop (Holladay, Tennessee)
- 1.8 8. 76th Street Diner (Byron Center, Michigan)
- 1.9 9. The Big Texan Steak Ranch (Amarillo, Texas)
- 1.10 10. R Place Restaurant (Morris, Illinois)
- 1.11 11. The Big Horn Grill (Fort Worth, Texas)
- 1.12 12. Sonic at Gore’s Travel Plaza (Seiling, Oklahoma)
- 2 What Are The Best Truck Stops in the United States?
The Top Truck Stops Restaurants in the United States?
According to Cheapism, here are the best truck stops restaurants in the USA:
1. Max’s Thunder Road Grill (Grand Island, Nebraska)
Here you will find a breakfast meal all over the day, as well as other meals including steaks, salads, wraps, artisan pizzas, Angus burgers, and specialty mac and cheese bowls
In addition, you will find friendly staff and nice decor, which are old cars and motorcycles hanging from the walls.
2. Outpost Cafe (Oak Hills, California)
Online reviews praise Outpost cafe for the quality of its cheeseburgers and steaks as well as attentive and friendly staff.
There’s a Pilot Travel Center nearby Interstate 15 and has a laundromat, game room, 11 showers, and a chapel.
3. Dysart’s Coldbrook Restaurant (Hermon, Maine)
Dysart’s Coldbrook Restaurant is located near the junction of Highway 2 and Interstate 95.
This restaurant is open on 24 hours basis and sells delicious comfort food, all-day breakfast, and pies from its on-site bakery.
4. Nelson Bros. Restaurant & Bakery (Clearwater, Minnesota)
The restaurant inside the Clearwater Travel Plaza off Interstate 94, northwest of Minneapolis, Nelson Bros Restaurant & Bakery offers you sandwiches, pizza, salads, Tex-Mex, and more.
It also has a bakery that provides you with fudge, candy, doughnuts, pastries, and special fritter bread.
During breakfast hours on weekends, you may find both the restaurant and the bakery busy.
5. South of the Border (Hamer, South Carolina)
South of the Border offers a handful of on-site restaurants that stand a good chance of satisfying whatever food you’re craving, including Mexican, hot dogs, pizza, subs, ice cream, and a reasonable steakhouse.
6. HoBo’s Korner Kitchen (Belgium, Wisconsin)
HoBo’s Korner Kitchen is a no-frills restaurant that is a mile from Lake Michigan, after all, off Interstate 43.
It provides large portions of comfort food including burgers, pizzas, and seafood.
HoBo’s Korner Kitchen offers all of this for reasonable prices, and it is known with all-day breakfast and all-you-can-eat specials.
7. North Forty Truck Stop (Holladay, Tennessee)
North Forty Truck Stop restaurant Interstate 40 is open for 24 hours all over the day.
It offers all-day breakfast, a salad bar, a full menu of classic American dishes, and a buffet that’s open first from 5 to 11 a.m. for breakfast, then to 10 p.m. for lunch and dinner.
8. 76th Street Diner (Byron Center, Michigan)
76th Street Diner truck stop restaurant is located at the south of Grand Rapids off Highway 131.
It offers an affordable mix of American and Tex-Mex comfort foods.
A $7 brings you a plate called “Monster” pancakes that worth serious consideration.
Online reviewers praise the 76th Street Diner for good food and friendly service.
9. The Big Texan Steak Ranch (Amarillo, Texas)
The Big Texan Steak Ranch is located across the street from the Amarillo Truck Center off Interstate 40.
This restaurant feeds nearly a half-million diners each year, and it’s known with offering a 72-ounce steak that’s free if you can eat it along with a bread roll, baked potato, shrimp cocktail, and salad within one hour.
10. R Place Restaurant (Morris, Illinois)
R Place Restaurant is located a stone’s throw from the Pilot Travel Center off Interstate 80.
it is also known with friendly service, homey atmosphere, and consistently good breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
R Place also features a salad bar and a bakery that makes custom-order cakes.
11. The Big Horn Grill (Fort Worth, Texas)
This truck stop opened in 2018 off Interstate 20 also hosts The Big Horn Grill, with a Friday night fish-fry featuring a hand-breaded catfish entree that comes with hush puppies, coleslaw, aside, and dessert for $10.
12. Sonic at Gore’s Travel Plaza (Seiling, Oklahoma)
Sonic at Gore’s Travel Plaza off Highway 270 is one of the nation’s few fast food joints with truck-accessible carhops.
You will not find home-style cooking there, as many truckers ask for meals that are quick and affordable.
What Are The Best Truck Stops in the United States?
According to truck driver power, here are the top truck stops in the USA:
- Iowa 80 (Walcott, IA)
As a truck driver, you might probably hear about Iowa 80 which called “Trucker’s Disneyland”.
Iowa 80 is the world’s largest truck stop which has been working since 1964 on a 24-hour basis
According to Modern Marvels, there are fifteen fuel stations in Iowa 80; there is also a service center where vehicle diagnostics, minor repairs, oil changes, or tire rotations can be done, as well as has a truck washing facility, and even the engine can be washed.
Other facilities include a gift shop, food services, barbershop, dentist, chiropractor, movie theater, fitness center, Laundromat, truck wash, service center, pet wash, 24 private showers, a truck museum.
- Little America Travel Center (Little America, WY)
They have an extra-large lot that accommodates more than 150 trucks, good grub, a nice hotel, private showers, as well as a large convenience store.
- Trail’s Travel Center (Albert Lea, MN)
Trail’s Travel Center truck stop restaurant offers you an Iron Skillet, a tavern, a Cold Stone Creamery, a Pizza Hut, and a McDonalds.
In addition, they have more than 300parking spots, a truck wash, service center, CAT scale, good coffee, gift store, movie theater, and free modern showers (in case of purchasing 50 gallons of fuel).
- Jubitz Travel Center (Portland, OR)
Since 1952, jubitz Travel Center stop has been providing truckers with a “World Class Customer Experience”.
You will enjoy delicious home-style meals and you can relax and watch a movie in their cinema for $6.
If you want to dance, you can go to Ponderosa Lounge & Grill to experience Portland’s biggest country-western bar.
- Johnson’s Corner Truck Stop (Johnstown, CO)
- Morris Travel Center (Morris, IL)
- Dysart’s Truck Stop (Bangor, ME)
- Florida 595 Truck Stop (Davie, FL)